I’m moving away to college and need to get rid of stuff/save up money, so I’ll be selling a lot of my old band merch; mostly MCR and FOB, a lot of limited edition stuff. I don’t have a lot up right now but I should have more in a few days.
If you could reblog this to spread the word, that’d be really rad.
Hi friends! In order to both clean out my closet/make some much needed extra money, I am selling some of my old band merch on eBay. I’ve grown out of wearing most band merch and some of my things have hardly been worn - I figure my old things deserve a loving home and someone that will appreciate them! If you’re interested please check out my listings/share them with friends who might be interested. Even if you’re not interested it would still be very helpful and I’d really appreciate if you peaches could reblog this post for me & I’ll be posting much much more over the course of the next couple of days (this is just all I have with me right now hah). Links below!
You can check out the lyrics to Frank’s upcoming album “Stomachaches” on his official website now.
Frank will be supporting Taking Back Sunday and The Used this fall as “frnkiero and the cellabration”. Full list of dates is:
- 09/08 – Columbus, OH @ The LC Pavilion
- 09/10 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
- 09/11 – Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart’s *
- 09/12 – Grand Rapids, MI @ Orbit Room
- 09/13 – Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest #
- 09/14 – Indianapolis, IN @ Egyptian Room – Old National Centre
- 09/16 – St. Paul, MN @ Myth
- 09/17 – Sioux Falls, SD @ The District
- 09/19 – Kansas City, MO @ KC Live! At Kansas City Power & Light District
- 09/21 – Billings, MT @ Shrine Auditorium
- 09/23 – Idaho Falls, ID @ Idaho Falls Civic Auditorium
- 09/24 – Spokane, WA @ Knitting Factory *
- 09/25 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo
- 09/26 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
- 09/29 – Calgary, AB @ MacEwan Hall
- 09/30 – Edmonton, AB @ Union Hall
- 10/02 – Winnipeg, MB @ Burton Cummings Theatre
- 10/03 – Fargo, ND @ The Venue
- 10/04 – Des Moines, IA @ 7 Flags Event Center
- 10/06 – St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
- 10/07 – Nashville, TN @ Cannery Ballroom *
All dates with Taking Back Sunday and The Used except:
# - festival date
* - with Taking Back Sunday only
For more info and ticket link’s check out his official Facebook page here and check out his announcement video.
Frank Iero announces his signing to Staple Records and details of his upcoming record “Stomachaches." as "frnkiero and the cellabration" due out August 26th 2014. [x]
New blog post by Frank Iero on his official site.
Check out the song on Youtube here.
Original post by My Chem announcing their signing to Reprise/Warner in August 2003:
Let this be a declaration and a threat.
This is how I wanted to write this, just having played a show, with everything on fire. My insides, my brain, and in the pit of my heart it burns. There are some things I need to say and there are some things you need to know.
We started this band for ourselves, to bear our souls, purge our own personal demons, and reclaim our innocence. When you are told you are not good enough your entire life sometimes the only thing you can do is scream “FUCK YOU” at the top of your lungs. This band was started and will end with three virtues: Honesty, Sincerity, and Loyalty. You will hear these three words in any interview we give because it is what we stand for. Right now we’re in Detroit, the rock city, and I’ve put this off for too fucking long…something is happening.
There is a change.
Not in music but in ourselves and in you. There are bands that have more to say to you than selling t-shirts from their personal clothing company. So frequently, especially when a band signs to a major label, they say “I want to change music. This is going to be the next Smells Like Teen Spirit.”
This is bullshit.
People cannot change music, its music that changes people. It is bigger than you and me put together. It’s a neutron bomb with the detonator set on “kill" waiting for you to push the button.
This is an evolution and you can be part of the change or stuck eating your own shit on a quest for fire.
We were never on an endless search for it, like some Holy Grail or Noah’s fucking Ark. If I wanted respect I would be a father. I would have children and raise them to take care of me when I’m old and hooked up to machines that keep me alive. Music is a message. The message is more important than the messenger. People ask us what we have to say and my answer is to find out for yourself. This is not a copout. If you find out for yourself it means more to you.
If for one minute you think you’re better than a sixteen year old girl in a Green Day t-shirt, you are sorely mistaken.
Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band. You wore their shirt, and sang every word.
You didn’t know anything about scene politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about.
Things are about to change for us…for all of us. From the kids who supported us at the start to those that are here now.
We will always be an Eyeball Records band. The support, dedication, and love from that label got us where we are right now - and we did it as a family.
I wanted to be the first to tell you before the gossip and the hearsay, I want to shout it from the street-lamps to the coils, in every fucked up slum, where every seedy club lives and breathes.
We are coming to your town.
We are taking back what’s ours.
We’re all in this together…
And by the way…we’ve signed to Reprise and we are fucking ready for the world to hear us scream.
My Chemical Romance
The tracklist for Kerrang’s Green Day tribute CD has been announced:
- American Idiot - 5 Seconds of Summer
- Jesus of Suburbia - Rise To Remain
- Holiday - The Blackout
- Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Neck Deep
- Are We the Waiting - You Me At Six
- St. Jimmy - Bowling For Soup
- Give Me Novacaine - Escape The Fate
- She’s a Rebel - Falling in Reverse
- Extraordinary Girl - Frank Iero
- Letterbomb - LostAlone
- Wake Me Up When September Ends - The Defiled
- Homecoming - Lonely The Brave
- Whatsername - New Politics
- Welcome to Paradise - State Champs
- Basket Case - The Swellers
Pick it up free with Kerrang from Wednesday June 11th 2014.